Wednesday, April 21, 2010

MDS Magnet


Happy Hump Day! Today I have a save the date magnet using My Digital Studio. Yes, another wedding related project. Next week I hope to have some non wedding stuff again. I just got My Digital Studio this week and was so excited to play with it. I had a request to make a save the date magnet sample for a possible client for this Saturday. So I racked my brain to figure out how to do it in a week. Luckily, my digital studio came just in time. In the meantime, I also found magnet sheets that you could feed through your printer and cut into any size you want. Perfect! I didn't have a whole lot of time to play around yesterday but this is what I came up with. I plan to make one more sample this week if I can. So far I LOVE the program. I can see that it will be a lot of fun to use. It would definitely cut down on the time of stamping each one separately. For this magnet which is 2.5 x 3, I used a DSP from the Summer Home pack in Baja Breeze. I sized the curly label punch to the size I wanted and added a shadow behind it. Then I added the leave images from Always in Kiwi Kiss. The kraft piece is what I will adhere the magnet to when it gets mailed out. I didn't have a lot of time, so I just did a quick design on the kraft piece. I didn't want to make it to elaborate anyway, since that would just get thrown out and you would just have the magnet on the fridge. The pictures below are a close up of the magnet and how it looks on the fridge (don't mind all the clutter on my fridge, lol!)I was just so excited that they magnet came out how I hoped. Just think of the other options that you can do by using the magnet sheet...business cards, a list of phone numbers, etc. So what do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment