Friday, May 14, 2010

First Birthday


Happy Friday! I finally have something not wedding related! It was actually nice to make a card for a different occasion. I still haven't had a chance to make a card just for fun but this was close enough. I needed a card for my friend's daughter's first birthday tomorrow. I decided to combine this with the challenge on splitcoast, which was to distress the edges on the card. I'm not sure I really like how that came out but oh well. She's 1 she won't know the difference, lol! All of the products on this card are non SU. Just the paper is SU. I used pink pirouette (which is coming back...yeah!), kiwi kiss and melon mambo. I thought this was a fun color combination. The pink and green backgrounds are stamped with polka dots. The butterflies are die cut with felt and adhered to magnets. The pink pirouette butterfly is punched from a martha stewart punch and rinestones were added to each one. I attached them to the card with removable glue dots so that they can be hung on the fridge afterwards. I really think this is a cute idea and I'm dying to try it with some other die cuts. Which means I will need to go out and get some more dies. :) I also love the felt as well, so fun!
This weekend looks like it will be pretty low key which is good. I have one step left and i'm pretty much done with the wedding invitations I was working on. So hopefully I can cross that off my list this weekend. Now it will be time to start my own invitations! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment