Thursday, June 7, 2012

Banner Birthday!



I am back with another post for you today. I like that I have a little time to get back into making some cards. I did another challenge on splitcoast today which was to focus on the use of banners on your card. I had seen this sketch somewhere with the banners like this so I thought it was perfect for today's card. This card was pretty quick to make and is a great way to use up some DSP scraps. This would look cute with any of the fabulous DSPs we have. Today I choose to use the Sweet Shop DSP. Unfortunately this isn't available anymore but there are definitely some great papers in the new catalog to chose from. I just cut 3 strips in various lengths and used the square punch to make the banner on the bottom. I stamped the popsicle from Mouthwatering in Calypso Coral and added some Dazzling Diamonds. I used a scrap piece of white for the sentiment and also used the square punch on the ends. And that's it, a quick and simple card! Tomorrow my new stuff comes so hopefully it comes early enough that I have time to play and get a card posted!
Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Mouthwatering, Friendly Phrases
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Sweet Shop DSP
Ink: Black, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Square punch, Brads, Dazzling Diamonds

No comments:

Post a Comment