Monday, June 6, 2016

Graduation 2016

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We slowly moved our furniture back into the house. The floors look awesome but I'm so afraid of putting anything down on them and messing them up! Here are some before and after shots.


Pretty awesome right! The before photos are from when we first moved in. We've done a bit of updating and painting since those original photos so the house hasn't looked as horrible, haha! But it such a large improvement.

So today's cards are ones that I did a few weeks back but didn't get a chance to post. Now that graduation season is among us, I thought I had better get them posted before it was over. I was just informed today that my little boy will be having a little "graduation" ceremony at his daycare on Friday. Sniff, sniff! I mean technically he's not going anywhere since he'll be in daycare all summer but they like to follow the school system and are just having a small little gathering to give him a certificate from pre-school and then he'll move on to pre-k in September. I cannot believe that he will only have 1 more year in daycare. (I'm almost crying just thinking about it)! It really is turn that time with your babies just flies on by!


Anywhooo, let's move on to the cards. The first card uses some stamps from the March (?) Paper Pumpkin kit. That's another great thing about these kits, they come with versatile stamp sets. Sometimes I don't always have graduation sentitments and things like that but the Paper Pumpkin kits always come with a great variety of stamps. The DSP is from the retired Going Global collection but any kind of DSP would work with this simple layout. I kept this simple thinking this would be a good card for a boy graduation.
The next card uses the Number Of Years stamp set and coordinating dies. I did a little bit of watercoloring in the background along with using the Gorgeous Grunge splatter image. This card would be great to match the school colors of the graduating individual. I did CASE this card from one I saw on pinterest by Erna Logtenberg. I just made a couple of tweaks by adding the grad cap and some candy dots. (LOVE those candy dots!!) I have new ones coming and I CANNOT wait to use them!




Thanks for stopping by.

Stamps: March 2016 Paper Pumpkin, Number of Years, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink: Soft Suede, Smokey Slate, Island Indigo. Soft Sky
Paper: Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Going Global DSP
Accessories: Large Numbers Framelits, Black glimmer paper, It's My Party candy dots, black rhinestones, Circle framelits, Starburst framelits

No comments:

Post a Comment