Thursday, November 2, 2017

Stampin' Blends: Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see everyone's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog


Stampin' Blends are here and the team is focusing on them this week!! So what are Stampin' Blends?? Stampin’ Up!’s premier alcohol markers, Stampin’ Blends are high-quality, dual-tip markers that come in 12 of Stampin’ Up!’s exclusive colors, each with a light and dark shade. Maybe you don’t think of yourself as an artist, but you don’t need to be because these markers make it super easy to blend colors and create gorgeous works of art!

Let's get on to the projects.


Each member of the team is working with different stamp sets to show you how versatile the Blends are. Seasonal Lantern may not have been your first thought on a set to use the Blends on, but any set with line images will work great with them.

My first card uses the lantern, the gourds, leaves and the bow. The great thing about the blends is that there is a light and dark coloring so it makes blending so easy. For the lantern I used the 2 Crumb Cake blends. The gourds were done with Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie. The leaves were done with Old Olive and the bow was done with Rich Razzleberry.

I die cut all of these images with the coordinating framelits. Then I layered them on some elements from the Color Me Happy Project Kit. (A cute new kit to use with the Blends). If you notice after I stamped the sentiment, I swiped the light Daffodil Delight marker across the greeting for a little extra something.


My next card using one of the card bases from the Color Me Happy Project kit. So in my first card I die cut a circle from this card base. This card is the leftover from that cut out. You can't let that go to waste. I stamped a bunch of the leaves and colored them with the light Daffodil Delight maker and the light and dark Old Olive markers. I glued them around the circle. I cut and colored a candle and glued it to the inside of the card.


I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card. This is such a cute and fun card. It really took no time at all to put it together either. 

What do you think? Have you tried the Blends yet? Do you love them? They are my new favorite thing! Stay tuned for some other fun cards I've done with them.

Next up is Jessica Winter. Click below to check out her amazing projects!


Here is the link list of the full Artisan Design team for you to browse:


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Love both of these! The dark background is so bold and the light is so simple and pretty!

    ReplyDelete