Thursday, September 13, 2018

Stitched All Around - Watercolor card


Hello! It's another gloomy rainy day here in the east coast. Enough with the rain already!! While I wait for the sun to shine, I'll share a fun and bright card I made. I actually made the watercolor background a couple of weeks ago but I never had the time to finish it. So these pretty colors have been staring at me waiting to be put together on a card!


To start, I wet my Shimmer white paper and added Gorgeous Grape, Grapefruit Grove and Lovely Lipstick ink and blended until I got a background I liked. Then I added some drops of those same colors and heat dried with my embossing gun. I layered this onto Petal Pink cardstock (also a new favorite color!). I stamped the sentiment twice on Petal Pink cardstock. I cut it out with a stitched shape circle and then I just cut out the word "darling" to make it pop.


The final touches on this card were Gorgeous Grape and Polka Dot tulle ribbon, Flirty Flamingo bakers twine (which I just realized is retired) and Glitter Enamel dots. I am loving these colors together! Gorgeous Grape is my new favorite color from the catalog. I've been waiting for a purple like this forever!

I hope this brightened up your day! Thanks for stopping by!

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment