Friday, February 8, 2019

Well Wishes Thanks


Happy Friday!! It's the end of the week and I'm ready to get lazy and relax for a bit. We had a superbowl party last weekend so we were doing lots of cleaning to get the house looking somewhat decent. So I'm not feeling like doing any of that again this weekend. Actually what really needs to be cleaned/organized is my craft area. But that just seems like way too much of an undertaking and I'm not sure I'm in the mood for that. I'll probably just try to craft and make a bigger mess down there, ha!

Today's card using the new Well Said bundle. This bundle is a little pricier than others but I think it's well worth it. The script fonts in the dies are super fun and there are a ton of stamps in the set. The first thing I did was die cut several "thanks" words in white card stock. To make them easier to glue to the card stock, I put White card stock on the multipurpose adhesive sheets and then cut out the word thanks. This way all I had to do was peel off the back and glue them to the card. Much easier and less messy!



Originally, I planned to just leave the background white but it just seemed too plain to me. I wanted to do a light water color wash but again that just wasn't working either. So after some playing around, I ended up with this water color splatter background. I really like how it came out. Except I think this would work much better for a birthday card, at least to me I think it does. But since I already had all those "thanks" words die cut, I just continued on and finished the card.


After I glued all of the thanks on to the card, I stamped and embossed the "sending your way" in white on Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana card stock. The full sentiment is "sending healing thoughts your way" but I just cut out the words I wanted. That's a fun little trick to keep in mind when adding sentiments to your cards.


The final touches to the card are a strip of Glimmer paper, some Silver mini sequin trim and Silver's baker's twine.

I hope you enjoyed today's card. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: