Monday, November 14, 2016

Dragonfly Dreams Display Samples - 6 & 7

Hello! I’m back with some more display stamper samples. Today’s cards focus on the little bee stamp in the set. There is a bee stamp and there is also a die. I’m showing cards that use both. First up, is the card that uses the die cut. I cut out the bee 3 times in Black cardstock and then 3 times in Crushed Curry cardstock. So I took the little pieces from the crushed curry and carefully placed them in the cutouts of the black cardstock. Now looking back at it, all I really could have done was just glued some Crushed Curry to the back of the bee. Maybe the effect would have looked a little different. I think what I should have done was used another yellow color cardstock to make it a little more interesting. Oh well. I do have a sample using this mosaic type technique with the large dragonfly die and different color cardstock and it looks awesome! So stay tuned for that. As for the rest of this card, I just kept it simple with an embossed sentiment, more enamel shapes and some copper paper and dsp in the background.


The second card focuses on the bee stamp. This card is one of my favorites. The bee was stamped several times in Crushed Curry on Crushed Curry cardstock which was layered on top of the foil acetate paper. I then cut out Hello from the Hello You thinlits 3 times in Soft Sky cardstock. I glued all 3 pieces together to give it a thicker look. Then I applied wink of stella on top to make it sparkle! The card was finished off with more enamel shapes and Crushed Curry bakers twine.


I hope you are enjoying these samples. Thanks for stopping by and come back again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment