Monday, January 30, 2017

Bug Books!

Happy Monday!! Don't let the title scare you away today. I promise this will be a cute post. I have LOTS of pictures to share for today's project. I had started this months ago and finally got around to finishing it up this weekend. It didn't take me months to finish. I just got lazy and never got around to putting it all together, haha! And of course it only took me like 10 minutes to finish up so I should have done it a long time ago. Oh well, it's done now.

It all started with inspiration from this shirt of my daughters.


As soon as I saw the Beetles and Bugs set in the catalog, I thought of this shirt and how I was going to do something with these colors. I also wanted to do something that would be fun for the kids, so I came up with these Bug Books! The inside is filled with lots of bugs for them to color.


I gave these to the kids over the weekend and they had fun coloring in some of the pages. My daughter is really into coloring so I knew she would enjoy it. 



Back to the details of the book. I used some thick copy paper that I had at home to use for the inside of the book. Since it was just for the kids, I didn't want to use our nice white cardstock.

I lined up all of the bugs on my large clear block, inked up the bugs and then stamped them onto the paper. All of the bugs didn't fill up the page so I stamped it twice.






I also made sure to stamp the cover page as well. I did use Stampin' Up white cardstock for that. Then I had the fun of using the rest of the stamps to make colorful bugs! I personalized each book for the kids using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set. Then I added an enamel shape on each one and some ribbon for Jillian's book.




The front and back cover is the cardboard piece from the Stampin' Up grid paper so it makes the book a little sturdier for the kids. I had just used up the last of my grid paper at the end of the year and I didn't want to throw away that cardboard piece on the bottom because I knew I could use it for something. The book size is 5 x 7. I was originally going to have the card stock folded in the middle but as I was putting it together I thought it would be better to cut the card stock in half  and put the book together with the jump rings. I think this works out better because it lays flatter for the kids when coloring and if I ever want to add more pages, I can easily do that. 

Here are pictures of the kids with their books. (This is the best I could get of Jillian, haha!)






So this shows you how this stamp set can be made to look cute and not creepy, haha! At least I think so! I hope you enjoyed today's project!!

Have a great day!


Product List



1 comment:

  1. These are SO CUTE! I love this stamp set and have a two your old son... how did I not think of this myself? Thanks for the tip about stamping multiple images at once, I will definitely be using that idea, because I need to make one of these books now.. or maybe two, so I can color one as well! :)

    ReplyDelete