Monday, March 18, 2019

Bright Birthday Cards


Hello! So I lied and I have a non-craft fair post today. :) While I'm still working on craft fair items, I did have to squeeze in some time to make a couple of birthday cards for a birthday party this past weekend. I'm sure I probably had some cards laying around that I could have used for the party but I love the excuse to make new cards, ha! And I LOVE how these came out. It's hard for me to not love a water color background card.


I knew I wanted to use the Brights DSP paper stack. The older girl loves blue so I went with the Pacific Point polka dot paper and then I used the Melon Mambo polka dot paper for the other card.


I used white Shimmery card stock for my water coloring. For the blue card, I used Pacific Point and Coastal Cabana ink. For the pink card, I used Melon Mambo and Gorgeous Grape ink. After I got the water color to my liking, I added some additional splatter with the Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo markers.

The numbers were die cut with the Large Number framelits. I'm so sad these are retired because they are perfect for birthday cards. I also used the retiring stamp set to stamp "th" on the little banners next to the number.


I had to find some way to add in my favorite ribbon of all time!! The polka dot tulle ribbon is peaking out from behind the little banner next to the number.


Then I decided to use the Well Wishes framelits to die cut Happy Birthday from silver foil paper and the Lovely Lipstick foil paper (SAB - sold out). And after I put the cards together I used the Glitter Enamel shapes for some extra sparkle!! I love how these colors are so bright and coordinate perfectly with the cards.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment