Thursday, February 13, 2020

Global Design Project #227 - Let It Grow


Happy Thursday! I'm playing along with the Global Design Project this week. This week's challenge is Let it Grow. So of course I have to use my new favorite set.... the Painted Poppies Bundle. 

I have several thank you cards to make so I have a few cards to share over the next few days with this set. I hope you don't get sick of this set!! :)


I used some of the pretty Peaceful Poppies DSP for the background. I just used the simple green stripe paper to show off the pretty flowers.


The flowers are layered on one of the dies from the Stitched So Sweetly set. Then I ran the Soft Sea Foam paper through the Big Shot with the subtle embossing folder. I did something fun with the leaves on the card below. I used the splatter stamp from the set and stamped it several times with Mossy Meadow and then stamped the leaf image on top and die cut. So it the leaves have a fun splatter look. The leaves on the card above are just stamped with the "blob" image from the set. I'm not sure what the technical name is for that stamp in the set, haha!


For the finishing touches, I added some ribbon from the Magnolia Ribbon combo pack, some basic adhesive sequins, Share What you Love pearls (retired) and wink of stella in the center of the flowers.

Stay tuned for some more flowers over the next few days!!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment