Thursday, June 1, 2017

Just Add Text Medallion Cards :Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see everyone's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog. Wasn't that fabulous?!!


Today marks the first day of the new Stampin' Up! catalog for 2017 - 2018! YAY!!! How exciting! This catalog is full of awesome new products and I'm featuring some of them for you today. I decided to focus on the Pattern Party Decorative Masks. These will be great to use with the new embossing paste. But if you don't have that you can definitely use your inks and sponge daubers. These were so quick to use with the sponge daubers and make such a great background for your cards.

Before I started I made sure to secure my cardstock to my grid paper (with a teeny tiny bit of mono adhesive) and taped the edges of the mask so it wouldn't move around. I used washi tape to tape the mask to my grid paper. Then I started with the lightest color ink and moved to the darkest ink. The finished result is so pretty.


This card with the Daffodil Delight, Peekaboo Peach and Berry Burst was done on watercolor paper. I stamped one of the sentiments from Just Add Ink in Berry Burst and added some Bermuda Bay ribbon and Glitter enamel dots.


I did the same technique for the next card just using different colors: Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide and Night of Navy. I love how these backgrounds came out. It would look great in so many different colors.


This card was done on Shimmery white cardstock. It looks so nice and shimmery in person. The photo does not do it justice. 


The sentiment was stamped on Lemon Lime Twist (which I think is my new favorite color) and I added some Tranquil Tide ribbon and Glitter enamel dots. 

I hope you enjoyed these cards. And I hope you don't bypass these decorative masks in the catalog. This is just another fun way to make some awesome backgrounds!

Be sure to check out the new catalog online and if you need a new catalog, please contact me.

 Next up is Jessica Winter. Click below to check out her amazing projects! They are stunning!


Here is the link list of the full Artisan Design team for you to browse:



Product List

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sponging!! Your colors are so vibrant and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! Oh my goodness, my eyes are BULGING OUT OF MY HEAD like a cartoon skunk in love! These are incredible, Jennifer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jennifer - these are gorgeous! So bright and happy - your sponging is perfection! Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete