Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Little Wild Baby Shower Card



Hello!
It's been quite a while since I've been able to update my blog. This summer has been busy busy. And I've also had minimal time to get any crafting done and I've had a lack of motivation to do anything. But I've been plugging away in my craft room, so I'm hoping to have more to share with you in the future.



Today's card is one that I did for a friend's baby shower this past weekend. I love how it came out. It also got me back into my groove. I just needed a little coloring to get me going. :) I took inspiration from the invitation. Those baby animals were so cute and I knew I had stamps that could replicate this. I used the Animal Outing and A Little Wild stamp sets. I colored these guys in with my Blends. (FAVORITE markers ever!!) If you have not used these markers yet, you must. They make coloring so smooth and blend so well. I like to do my coloring on shimmer card stock. It's a little thicker plus who doesn't love a little extra shimmer!



After I colored them, I used their coordinating die cuts to cut them out. I also stamped and cut out some leaves from the Animal Outing bundle. The background of the card is more shimmer white card stock that was painted with my aqua painter and Balmy Blue ink. The sentiment is from Special Celebrations, stamped in Night of Navy ink and glued to the front of  Night of Navy card stock. I also added some polka dot tulle ribbon under the sentiment because I just love this ribbon and want to add it to every card! :) The final touch was sequins because again, I love them too. I am glad I was able to have this card match the invitations as well as the theme of her shower.



Is that something you guys have ever tried doing. Matching cards to the invitations you get?? I try to do this as much as I can. Well thanks for stopping by and I will try my hardest to post something again soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment