Friday, October 26, 2018

Global Design Project #161 - Harvest Blessings


Happy Friday!! Fall is in full swing here! Cold temps and leaves falling. I'm still not ready for it but I guess I'll just have to go with it! Ha! Today's card is certainly very fall like. I played along in the Global Design Project challenge this week. I've probably said this before but color challenges are my favorite challenges. Here are the colors for this week:


For my card, I used the Colorful Seasons stamp set, Buffalo Plaid stamp set and Country Home (for the sentiment).

To start I stamped the large leaf in Crushed Curry ink, stamped it off once on scrap paper and then sponged Pumpkin Pie ink on the edges. I love how it came out. It definitely helped to stamp off some of the Crushed Curry color so it wasn't too intense. After I stamped all of the large leaves, I filled up some of the white space with the smaller leaves stamped in Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry. I used the wonderful Buffalo Plaid background stamp to add to the fall look. And I thought I wasn't going to need this stamp! Yeah right!


The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on Sahara Sand cardstock. Then I added some gold glimmer leaves that were die cut with the Seasonal Layers thinlits. Love that splash of sparkle!


And as always the final touch is sequins. Can't have a card without sequins. I am surprised that I don't have any ribbon on there. I don't think this card needs any ribbon. It's so pretty as is!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely use of the colors for the challenge. Congratulations on achieving honorable mention for the GDP color challenge. ~Happy Stamping

    ReplyDelete