Thursday, January 16, 2020

Thankful Poppies



Hello! Today I'm sharing a card with the fun Painted Poppies set. I'm a sucker for a floral sets and this one is a must! It's kind of a simple card with minimal layers and colors. I wanted to focus on the flowers.


I stamped the large poppy in Gorgeous Grape ink and then used my aqua painter to add Grapefruit Groove ink. The aqua painter pulled in some of the Gorgeous Grape color and I love the effect it gives. The small flower was stamped in Lovely Lipstick and watercolored with So Saffron ink. The leaves were stamped in Coastal Cabana and colored with Soft Sea Foam ink. Isn't that fun!


I cut out a scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly dies. I told you these will be used quite a bit! On top of the scallop I splattered Pool Party ink from my Stampin' Up! Write markers. Also, if you notice under the sentiment I die cut the swirls from the Painted Labels dies.


Once I added everything to Whisper White thick cardstock, I added some sequins from the Woven Threads assortment.

I hope you enjoyed this floral card. I'll be back shortly with a cute Valentine shaker card!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment