Monday, June 27, 2016

Birthday Swap


Happy Monday! It's been a little quiet here on the blog the past week. That's because I've been super busy at home and work. We went to Atlantic City for a night for a quick getaway last Thursday. Then we had 2 birthday parties to attend this weekend. One was for one of my son's friends and the other was a 90th birthday party for my grandmother. 90 can you believe it! Our family got together at a local firehouse for some lunch. The kids had fun running around and they had an extra perk of checking out the fire trucks. My son loved it!


So my card today is a birthday card (not the one I sent to my grandmother, I sent her another one I already posted). Today's card is for a swap that I'm in with some local demos. Our theme for May was Father's Day or a masculine card. I went with a manly birthday card. I saw this layout on pinterest and thought it would work well for a guy card. You don't want to have too many frilly things on a guy card. :) I think my favorite part of this card is the paint splatters. I love this stamp from Gorgeous Grunge. I did have to do a bit of fussing cutting for this card (the candles and flames) but at least the candles are pretty easy to cut and I only had to do it for 5 cards. I also used some new in-colors on this card. I think the Dapper Denim and Emerald Envy look really nice together and look great with Smokey Slate.

I hope you like today's card. I am working on my swap for June and will have that to share in the next couple of weeks. I can't share it until all of the ladies receive it. :) But it's such a cute card, I can't wait to share it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Build a Birthday, Gorgeous Grunge, Timeless Textures, Sprinkles of Life (Happy Birthday)
Ink: Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry
Paper: Dapper Denim, Pop of Pink DSP, Vellum
Accessories: Circle framelits, Triple banner punch, staples, Black baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment