Monday, June 5, 2017

Birthday Blooms Wedding Card


Happy Monday! I hope you had a nice weekend. I am now starting off 2 full weeks solo with the kids. My husband is doing a volunteer program in Guatemala so it's just me and the kiddos!! For 2 full weeks!! Just in case you didn't catch that earlier, haha! This is the first time he's been gone that long so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Fingers crossed for minimal temper tantrums!

On to today's card. This one I did a while back but just haven't had a chance to share it yet. I am so glad the Birthday Blooms stamp set is in the new catalog. It's my absolute favorite flower to color! No matter what you do with this flower, it will make any card look so pretty.



I embossed the image first with clear embossing powder on watercolor paper. Then I colored the flower with Powder Pink, Berry Burst and Crushed Curry inks using my aqua painter. The leaves use Crushed Curry and Lemon Lime Twist inks. After coloring it, I cut it out. I then layered it onto white cardstock that was embossed with the other flower image from the set.


If you make the image larger hopefully you can see the additional embossing on the white cardstock. I then added some pearls and other gold touches. The congratulations sentiment is from the Floral Phrases stamp set.

I have stamped this image several other times so I'm working on coloring this in in different colors. I can't wait to share those finished cards with you.

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment