Thursday, November 30, 2017

Ombre Color Me Pretty Thank You: Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog hop. There are 20 of us from around the world so be sure to follow along to see everyone's projects. You should have just come from Holly's blog.


This week we had an open hop and most of the team to decided to focus on the Color Me Happy Project Kit, Stamp set and Stampin' Blends. Have I told you I LOVE the Blends?!?! I already loved coloring and these make it so much more fun.


I decided to work with the large Thank You sentiment. I colored it to give it an ombre look. I started at the top with light Pink Pirouette, followed by dark Pink Pirouette and then the light Calypso Coral marker at the bottom. The dark Calypso Coral marker was used for the shadowing.


From the kit, I used the Rich Razzleberry base along with the Pink Pirouette banner. I also used a strip of Pool Party and cut the ends with the Triple Banner Punch. Are you wondering where the cute white background is from? Well, it's the inside of one of the envelopes!! How cool!


I really liked this pattern and wanted to use it on the card. As much as I like doing the kit as is, I do love trying to come up with new things with the elements from the kit. For this, I opened up the envelope and cut it to fit my card front. I did color the leaves with the light Smokey Slate marker just so there was a little bit of color in the background.

I'm thinking I may try this out with some of the other envelopes too! It's a fun way to add some different "DSP" to your cards. I hope you give it a try too!

Let's head over to Jessica Winter to see what she has created this week. Click below to check out her amazing projects!


Here is the link list of the full Artisan Design team for you to browse:


Product List

3 comments:

  1. I think the leaves are so beautiful! Great idea and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very amazing use of the card kit! That's great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of the envelope inner on your card front Jen. I would love to get a Thanks You this pretty!

    ReplyDelete