Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Abstract Impressions Thank You cards

Happy Wednesday! I have some fun cheery and colorful cards for you today. So far the Abstract Impressions stamp set is one of my favorites from the new catalog. I used the set to make my own background paper for these thank you cards.


How pretty is this background paper I made!


I started with a piece of Shimmery white paper. Next I stamped fullest flower stamp in Petal Pink, then I stamped the next image in Grapefruit Grove and then the final image was stamped in Flirty Flamingo. The leaves were stamped in Lemon Lime Twist first and then Granny Apple Green. Then I filled in the white space with another flower image stamped in Pool Party.


I cut the paper in half since I was making 2 cards. To the front I cut out a stitched shape and scallop circle from Petal Pink. Behind that is one of the dies from Springtime Impressions Thinlits cut with Soft Sea Foam card stock.


I stamped the sentiment on Shimmer White card stock and then cut a strip of Wood Textures DSP and some Whisper White Polka dot tulle ribbon. The finishing touches were some sequins and linen thread.


I went a step further and stamped one of the flowers on the envelope as well. This simple step really takes the card to the next level I think.

Since I loved how this came out, I decided to try this out in another color combo - Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape and Rich Razzleberry.



Now I don't know which color combo is my favorite! What is yours?? I think I need to try this is some other options like pinks, yellows or blues!


Have you played with this new set yet?? I would love to see what you're doing with it!

Have a nice day!


1 comment: