Monday, October 29, 2018

Signs of Santa


Happy Monday!! I know it isn't even Halloween yet but I just had to share this card with the super cute Signs of Santa stamp set. This is the most adorable stamp set ever. I wasn't going to get it because I didn't really need any more holiday sets but it was just so hard to pass up that cute Santa and Mrs. Claus. Actually all of the images in this set are so cute! I couldn't wait to color them in.


I used the Stampin Blends to color these in but any coloring medium would work great. The colors I used were: Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, and Crumb Cake. Unfortunately my dies are on backorder so I had to cut these guys out by hand. It will be so much better when I can die cut a bunch of them out.

Once I cut them out I layered them on an Oval stitched shape that was embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. The background DSP is from the Brights 6 x 6 DSP collection. On top of the Coastal Cabana polka dots, is a strip of Real Red card stock that was stamped with the Buffalo Plaid stamp. Then I added a strip of Sparkle Glimmer paper and Garden Green baker's twine. Then I finished it off with the sentiment from the set and a couple of the Santa's Workshop enamel shapes. Another super cute new item!


As much fun as I had coloring in these stamps, my kids thoroughly enjoyed it as well! My son loved these as soon as they arrived and he couldn't wait to put together his own Christmas scene with these stamps. I'm so glad that he enjoys stamping almost as much as I do. Ha! :)

Edit: Here is the scene my son put together with the set (along with a couple of other stamps).



Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment