Friday, March 12, 2010

Sneak Peek


Here is a sneak peek at a new set from the new catalog which comes out in July. Customers will have a chance to order this set in April. More details about that to come.

The inspiration for this card came from Dawn McVey. I liked her idea for the bottom of the card. So I used the Top Note die to achieve that look. I punched out the die on scrap paper and then traced the part I wanted onto the cardstock and dsp. The flowers are stamped in the following colors: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive for the leaves. (don't mind the little boo boo from the green leaves under the pink flower, I just didn't feel like starting over :) ) I then covered the flowers in stickles (you could also use dazzling diamonds). The pink flower was also cut out and raised on dimensionals. The ribbon is the soft suede polka dot ribbon, I just used the opposite side of it. The bottom dsp is from the Sweet Pea pack. The sentiment is from the Trendy Trees set. I think this may be one of my new favorite flower sets. I plan to do an upcoming class with this set. I will post the details once it's completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment