Thursday, April 8, 2010

Vintage Wedding


Good afternoon! I had an idea to do a wedding invite with a vintage theme. This didn't come out exactly how I had planned but with a little tweaking, I think it could be good. The swirls are from Wedding Sweet stamped in Soft Suede, which I would restamp so they peaked out more behind the top note. I may even emboss them next time too. I also think I would put another layer behind the Soft Suede color as well. The actual invite is printed on Blush Blossom (soon to be retired). But Pink Pirouette would be a great subsitute. The edges are sponged. The flowers and butterfly from For All You Do are stamped in Dusty Durango. I think I would also add some rinestones to the flowers and butterfly. It was late and I couldn't find any in the color I wanted laying around nearby. Once I do a "tweaked" version of this invite, I'll post it. Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your save the date ideas. I too have been asked to do some for my brothers wedding. I do have a question for you how the heck did you get the words lined up and cut out on the big shot?
    Please share any tricks you have for doing this.
    love your blog!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sherri Retton
    saretton@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete