Thursday, July 7, 2011

Aviary Baby


When I made today's card over the weekend, I had my friend in mind. Her due date was the middle of July so I thought I'd get a head start on her card and keep my fingers crossed that it was a girl because I wanted to use these colors together: Lucky Limeade, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. Well it turns out she gave birth the evening I made this card and she had girl! How exciting. I can't wait to send this card off to her and see her new bundle of joy. Now for the details on the card. The new catalog has listed Aviary in the "Growing Up" section so I thought I would give this set a whirl for a baby card. I think it does work well for a baby card. I also used the Four Frames set and A Word For You set for the sentiment portion. I kind of think that the circle with the decorative label punch underneath almost makes it look like a snowglobe. I think I may have to try to make another Christmas card with this idea. Back to the card, I used the music notes wheel for the background and then used the Polka Dots embossing folder on the Pool Party piece. Then I added some ruffled ribbon and a rhinestone at the top of the bird cage.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It does sort of resemble a snowglobe. Great textures too.

    ReplyDelete