Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hello Darling!


Hello Darling! Today I played along with the color challenge at Splitcoast stampers. Yesterday's color challenge was Bermuda Bay, Pool Party and Calypso Coral. Since I had just gotten some new goodies yesterday I figured I would play along. I was trying to resist getting a flower set from the new catalog but I kept seeing cute things done with Hello Darling that I couldn't pass it up. And now of course I love it. I think flower sets always get me back into the swing of stamping because now I want to make a bunch of cards with this set. I loved how today's card turned out. I loosely cased this card from Connie Collins. I liked the idea of embossing the flower image on top of patterned paper. Instead of using DSP like Connie did, I stamped the Handcarved background stamp onto Pool Party cardstock to make my own DSP. The handcarved background stamp is a fun new stamp too. Then I stamped the flower image with White craft ink and embossed it with white embossing powder. It looks so pretty! I will probably recreate this card in another color scheme. The "Hello darling" was stamped in Bermuda Bay. In the top corner of the sentiment I colored and cut out another one of the flower images from the set. I colored the flowers with Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding and Daffodil Delight. Then I added Calypso Coral bakers twine and a button. I also cut out a couple of leaves from that flower image and adhered them behind the button.


I hope you liked today's card and will play along with the challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers.

Stamps: Hello Darling, Handcarved Background
Ink: Bermuda Bay, White craft, Pool Party
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party
Accessories: Calypso Coral baker's twine, Markers, White embossing powder, Very Vintage buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment