Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hey Valentine


Happy Tuesday! I wanted to get this card posted before Valentine's day. Even though you can definitely use this stamp set for birthdays and other cards, just don't stamp the sentiment. As soon as I saw this set in the catalog, I had to have it, I thought it was so cute!! I think the fish are my favorite from the set. I am also using these fish for my son's valentine's for his class. I hope I can get them posted before Valentine's day.
On to the card. For the background, I stamped the handcarved stamp on watercolor paper and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I then used my aqua painter and several blue colors to get the ombre look. It was a fun technique to do. I then stamped the fish and colored them in with the Blendabilities. LOVE these markers! They make coloring so much more fun! I used the starburst framelit to cut out the fish and I left off the sentiment because I wanted to have it pop on colored cardstock. The yellow behind the fish are 2 Daffodil Delight Deco label framelits. I just adhered everything together with the cool little stapler from the Occasions catalog. I then stamped the Hey Valentine sentiment on Calypso Coral cardstock and used the banner punch for the ends. The finishing touch was Bermuda Bay sequins. I think every card needs sequins!! :)


Have a great day!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment