Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Amazing Life Shimmer Card


Hello! I'm here today showing a new stamp set from the Occasions catalog called Amazing Life. I had a little bit of time last night to finally play with some new things. Between the holidays and a round of the stomach bug hitting our house, it's been a while since I've gotten crafty. This stomach bug has not been fun. My son is the only one who hasn't gotten it and fingers crossed, he makes it out ok! Anyway, I didn't have a whole lot of time to make something and I've kind of been in a craft funk. So this is not my best but it's gets the craft ball rolling. I need to get back into some kind of groove.

I received this set during convention. It's one I might not have purchased on my own but there are some pretty cute stamps in the set. I think I will use it more than I thought. The little cake is fun. I started by stamping it multiple times on Gorgeous Grape card stock. Then I stamped one more on Whisper White that I colored with Stampin' Blends and cut out.

On the Gorgeous Grape card stock, I sprayed it with a mix of rubbing alcohol and shimmer paint to make it super duper shimmery. I might have sprayed a little too much in some spots. But that's ok, who doesn't want extra shimmer for their birthday! :)


I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White card stock and colored "cake" with the Flirty Flamingo light and dark Stampin' Blends and the light Lovely Lipstick blend to give it an ombre look. (I used the same colors on the cake).

I finished the card with Black Shimmery ribbon, While Polka Dot tulle ribbon, Silver mini sequin trim and Glitter Enamel dots. Lots of extra shimmer and bling! :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment