Thursday, January 31, 2019

Sketch Challenge - Floral Birthday Card

Hello! I hope everyone is staying warm!! It was a brisk -4 this morning which I know is probably warm for some of those in the midwest. Let's hope this is short lived. For today's card, I went with springy colors. Spring can't get here soon enough.

I am playing along with the Global Design Project challenge this week.

For my entry, I used some new products from the Occasions catalog as well as some forgotten about DSP from the annual catalog.


I just got the Well Words bundle and I couldn't wait to use it!! I am in love with those word die cuts. How great is that "happy" font?!? I will definitely be using this bundle all the time!


I wanted to try something fun with the oval. I placed the oval stitched framelit on white cardstock, then I placed the floral die from the Lovely Flowers Edgelits dies on top of the oval framelit. So I ran both through at the same time. My hope was that the floral die would just die cut the center of the oval and it actually worked!! I backed the oval with paper from the Share What you Love DSP. I used another piece of DSP from that pack for the front of the card. I forgot how much I love this paper. There are some fun papers in this pack that have a nice pearlized finish.

If you look closely, I stamped the lace image from Southern Serenade in Soft Sea Foam ink on the Soft Sea Form card stock. I wanted to have a little bit of texture on the cardstock.


I finished the card off with Old Olive linen thread, a Petal Pink blossom element and Petal Pink adhesive backed sequins. I love all of the colors of this card! Petal Pink is one of my new favorite colors from the annual catalog.

Thanks for stopping by. Stay warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment