Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy Home - Wall Decor


It's Monday again, just like that! Why do the weekends have to go by so quickly! I want more time to be lazy with the kids, haha! And I want more craft time!! I found some time yesterday to run downstairs and get crafty. I am doing a craft fair at a local brewery at the end of March so I want to have some items besides cards to sell. I've had this wood piece from Michael's for months now and haven't done anything with it. I knew I wanted to make a decor piece but I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was feeling inspired yesterday and came up with this happy Home piece. How cute is it??


I used the Large Letter Framelits, Well Written Framelits, Be Mine Framelits and Tin Tile embossing folder. After looking back at this, I realized I did no stamping on it. But that's ok. It was fun using all of the different dies from the Well Written framelits. The little butterfly, bird and leaves are just adorable. And really once I figured out what elements I wanted to use, it didn't take that long to put together. Now I'm going to have to see if Michael's has these boards in other wood styles so I can make another one with different colors.

And now I'll show you a bunch of close ups of the project.


The little flowers have Happiness Blooms enamel dots as their centers. These enamel dots come in such fun colors!


Here you can see the embossing on the heart. The little bird also has a Happiness Blooms enamel dot for his eye.


After I die cut the heart, I added a Heart Epoxy droplet for a little shine. The butterflies have pearls in the center of their bodies.

What do you think? Have you guys made projects with only die cuts and no stamping? What have you done with the Well Said bundle?

Share your projects with me! I'd love to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment