Friday, March 22, 2019

Home Sampler Frame


Hello! Happy Friday!! I have another super fun craft fair item to share with you today. I love how this came out! And I have a ton of pictures for you as well!


I've seen these Home samplers and I've wanted to make my own for a while. I bought this frame at Michaels and at first I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Even the woman ringing me up at Michaels asked what do you do with this?? Because it's a wood frame with 1 piece of glass so actually I'm not really sure what the purpose is but I thought it would work great for my Home sign.


I cut out letters using the Wood textures DSP. I glued the DSP onto a piece of cardboard that was die cut as well to make the letters thicker. Then I added dimensionals and hot glued them onto the glass.
I also cut out letters to glue to the back of the glass so you didn't see the dimensionals and glue on the other side.

Then I got to work on all of the inserts that I was going to do in place of the letter O.


As you can see in the picture above, I hot glued a magnet to the glass and added magnets to each oval. So that makes it easy peasy to change them out for each holiday/occasion.


I did 10 holidays/occasions total. I thought about doing a different one for each month but I figured you could keep some of them up for longer than 1 month so 10 different designs would work great.


Most of the dies I used are current with the exception of a few. I had fun coming up with the ideas for each of the holidays. Some were ideas that I had seen done by previous demos, others were things that I just put together with items I had.


If you look at the close up of some of the ovals, I put wink of stella on certain parts for some extra shimmer. Each one has some kind of shimmer, sequins, ribbon, etc to make it pop!


I love how each one came out that it's hard to pick a favorite one. But if I have to, I'd probably go with the butterfly or daisy one. Which one is your favorite?

And for now, I'm selling this at a upcoming craft fair even though it would look super cute in my house!! But that just means, I'll have to make another one for my house if this one doesn't sell!

Have a fabulous weekend!

1 comment: