Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Welcome Home Decor


Hello! I'm back again with another home decor piece. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am participating in a craft fair at the end of the month at a local brewery. I wanted to have a few home decor items for sale along with my cards. I feel like people are more interested in home decor pieces than cards. But I guess we'll see how the event turns out. Maybe I'll be left with a bunch of home decor pieces that I will need to add around my house, haha!

For today's item, I spruced up a wood piece that I got from Michaels. I cut the letter from the Large Letters framelits. I actually cut 3 of each letter so that each letter had some thickness to it when I glued it on the board. I also stamped part of the letters with one of the butterflies from Butterfly Gala to give it a little pattern.



The daisies were punched using the Daisy punch. Behind the daisies are some leaves that were punched with Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist card stock. I also added a swirly green leaf that was die cut with Mossy Meadow card stock.

For the finishing touches I added some flower wood elements (retired) with a Gold Faceted gem in the middle. I also added a few Iridescent sequins. I will find any place to add those sequins, ha! I think those are probably one of my most used crafting items!


Everything on the wood was adhered with a glue gun with the exception of the sequins because those were a little more tedious to glue with the glue gun. Also, to give the letters dimension, I still used Mini Dimensionals on the back and just added a dot of hot glue to each dimensional.


I had so much fun making this! It's so fun to come up with other ways to use paper besides making cards. I have one more home decor item that I'm working on and hope to share this week. And after that I have plans for one final home decor piece if I have time. So for the rest of this month anything I share will probably be craft fair related. :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment