Thursday, March 5, 2020

GDP #230 - Magnolia Floral Thank You

Hello! I'm playing along with the Global Design Project challenge this week. This week's challenge is a sketch challenge. This is a great basic sketch. Pop on over to Global Design Project to check out the projects from the design team.

Now here is my submission.


I pulled out the Good Morning Magnolia bundle for this card. This set was one of my early favorites from the annual catalog. It's such a great flower for coloring. I used the Petal Pink and Granny Apple Green Stampin Blends for the flower. After I colored the flower, I die cut it and then cut the leaves so I could rearrange them behind the flower.


I layered the flower on a Terracotta Tile circle. This is my first time using this color and I like how it goes with Petal Pink. The DSP used is the Golden Honey DSP from the SAB catalog. Again, this DSP has some really great bold and basic prints.

The sentiment is from Seriously The Best, which is so fitting. This set really is great. I didn't think I needed it at first but I love having a large script sentiment and then smaller sentiments to go with them.


Oh and one other fun element I used on this card are the leaves from the Magnolia Lane cork embellishments. I tucked them in behind the other leaves for some additional texture to the card. It gives the card a fun pop!

Isn't this a fun challenge??!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment