Monday, September 10, 2018

Colorful Seasons Fall Card


Happy Monday!! It's been cool and dreary here the past few days so it put me in the mood to make a fall card. I am still not ready to let summer and my flip flops go just yet but I'm ok with starting on some fall cards. I'm back after a short hiatus of being on vacation at the beach at the end of August and getting started with school for the kids last week.

I paired the Give Thanks sentiment from Labels to Love with the leaves from Colorful Seasons. To make the multi-colored leaves, I used my aqua painter and Brusho. I used shimmery white card stock that I saturated with my aqua painter. Then I sprinkled the brusho on top. I barely blended everything in as I wanted a look that had lots of reds, yellows and oranges in it. It's been a while since I've used Brusho but it was perfect to make these leaves. They are so realistic looking.


After my leaves dried, I die cut them with the Seasonal Layers Thinlits. I also cut additional leaves from Soft Suede with one of the other dies from the set. The sentiment was stamped with Soft Suede on Crushed Curry cardstock. This was layered onto Fresh Fig cardstock and Soft Sea Foam cardstock. I also added a vellum and burlap ribbon layer. I had lots of layers on this card!!! But I love it! The DSP I used on this card is from the Holiday Catalog. It's the Festive Farmhouse DSP. I love using the Holiday DSP for other uses than it was intended. That's the great thing about Stampin' Up! DSP, there are other images in the package that can be used for other occasions!


The finishing touch on this card was Gold Faceted Gems and gold sequins. You know I love adding some sequins! I hope you enjoyed today's card. I'll be back in a day or 2 with another fun card I made over the weekend.

Stay dry!!

3 comments:

  1. Could you please tell me what die cut was used with give thanks. Great card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It uses the Artisan Label Punch, which is now retired.

      Delete